So as most (both) of my readers know, LJ and I are going to SA this weekend. We're meeting with the people at the Motel de Prickly Plant to discuss the possibility of having our wedding there. A while back I asked the woman at the Motel de Prickly Plant if she had any recommendations for Linens/decorations/planners etc. She recommended Pretty Celebrations which is conveniently located in the Motel de Prickly Plant. So 2 weeks ago I called them and left a message.
A week went by and I never heard from them. So this past Monday, I called again. This time someone answered the phone but she only took my message and said she would give the massage to someone named MargaRITA. MargaRITA never called me back and today I called again. Presumably the same person answered the phone. (BTW why have someone answer the phone if all they can do relay messages...isn't that what we have machines for these days?). So I asked her if I could speak with MargaRITA and she in turn asked me if they could call me back because they were in the middle of a catering event.
I thought for a moment and then said "Actually, you know I've called a couple of times and left a couple of messages both on the machine and with you and I still haven't received a call back. I am driving in from H-town tomorrow with my fiance and will only be in this weekend, and to be honest with you, if this is the way you're going to handle things now, I'm a little worried about how you might handle things if I were to book you for my wedding. So, no thank you, I believe I will find someone else," then I hung up.
You know...Weddings - as a general rule of thumb - are pretty important events, particularly for the bride. And when you work in the wedding industry, shouldn't you assume that because these days are so important for the bride, the bride - EVERY bride - should be important to you. Isn't that how you make money? By creating a bride's perfect day?!? There isn't a reason in the world that I - if I were in MargaRITA's shoes - would EVER not call a bride back. It just doesn't make good business sense.
The Journey of a Thousand Miles
10 years ago
Customer service... sadly, it seems to be headed the same way as common sense. Lots of people lacking life skills in this world. Just saying.
ReplyDelete